1. Green yarn (I used dark green and kelly green to make it a little more festive)
2. Pipe cleaners
3. Small items for decorating (I used small gems, but glitter glue, puffy paint, sequins, small buttons or anything like that would be fine too
4. Elmers glue
6. Scotch tape
Here's what you do:
1. Cut your yarn (or have your little one cut your yarn) into string about 3-4 inches long. (Go on the longer side for kids that have poor fine motor control or precision, this will give them more surface to work with)
2. For your younger kids, tape the pipe cleaner vertically on a table top at the top and bottom to keep it stable.
4. Repeat this process until you have covered the length of the pipe cleaner. You will probably have to slide the knots upward to fill in all the spaces.
6. Use scissors to trim the ends of the knots, so that the string is about 1/2 inch long (an adult will probably need to do this to make it look even around the whole circumference).
Stay tuned for a cute color, cut and assemble gift bag for your ornament, as well as a tear-jerker card, of course! For more holiday fine motor activities, check out my Pinterest page....